Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Marga-RITA award


A couple Saturday's past, I attended (and hosted) my local chapter, Missouri Romance Writers of America, 25th anniversary celebration. We gave away gobs of door prizes, baskets upon baskets of book and baubles. We dined, we laughed, we cried...

As the President, I was presented with a proclamation from the governor of Missouri. But what was the most heart-felt moment of the day was when I was surprised with an unexpected award: The Marga-RITA. My sister author, Karyn Witmer (also the recipient of the Silver Rose) presented me with the award shown in the picture. Imagine the look on my husband's face when he saw this award positioned in the middle of the mantle. And that's where it is going to stay because my Marga-RITA award represents not only my acheivements as an author, but it represents the bond I have with my sisters.


So I humbly thank the women of MORWA for their support, their friendship, and their encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment